Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Athletes should know how much protein they are taking in
By Andrew Coppolino
My heart goes out to the friends and family of Cambridge hockey player Ben Pearson.
The 20-year-old athlete died suddenly because of a rare and undiagnosed enzyme deficiency in his liver. It resulted in a build-up of ammonia in his liver that was responsible for his death in only a matter of days.
It’s sad to have lost Ben at such a young age as he pursued the game he loved. The tragedy of the situation is such that it leaves me wondering what could have been done to prevent his death. Unfortunately, there is little to be done.
So where does that leave us? Well, we can only try to learn from Ben’s passing. He was an athlete, and he worked hard at playing hockey. At a powerful 240 pounds (109 kilograms), the former Junior B defenceman was on a high-protein diet.
Posted by 5 Five Delivery at 10:51 AM
Labels: protein koreanfood japenesefood chinesefood indianfood health chicken beef vege delivery downtown vancouver restaurant jpcanada cake vine grape
- Halloween Costume Ideas 2010
- Best new restaurants in Canada named by enRoute
- Seven Kinds of Food Can Help You Sleep
- New restaurant hall of famers inducted
- Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs [블랙 독거미 달걀요리 만들기]
- Westcoast Life: Halloween events, theatre, food, v...
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank gets boost from a big ...
- Men who eat junk food are more likely to have diab...
- KFC’s Double Down raises eyebrows among Canadian n...
- 배고픈 자취생이 간단하고 싸고 맛있게 먹을 수 있는 특별요리는?
- Research reveals why airplane food tastes so bad
- Grocers begin battle over sustainable seafood
- Athletes should know how much protein they are tak...
- How to sniff out fake restaurant reviews
- A Canadian Thanksgiving
- Restaurant listings
- Creating my own ethnic cuisine
- VANCOUVER SUN RESTAURANT GUIDE
- Vancouver's multi-cultural grocery stores
- Are healthy school lunches driving your kids to ju...
- The 25 Top Nutritious Foods for a Long, Healthy an...
- See her mind-blowing recipe!
- ▼ October (22)