Monday, October 11, 2010
A Canadian Thanksgiving
This day may not be as big and flashy as the same holiday in the United States, and there is definitely no frantic shopping day tomorrow, but we Canadians love our own Thanksgiving celebrations.
Since 1957, we’ve been setting aside the second Monday in October as a national day of appreciation, although we have honored an annual Thanksgiving Day much further back into the 1800s.
For many of us, the 3-day weekend will be enjoyed with family and friends around a table loaded down with roasted turkey and all the fixin’s.
For others, this is a last chance for one last mini-vacation before the winter freezes us in.
You can spot us watching the usual football games and outside admiring the fall foliage.
Thanksgiving Day may only come once a year, but here in Canada the timing and weather are usually perfect.
- Halloween Costume Ideas 2010
- Best new restaurants in Canada named by enRoute
- Seven Kinds of Food Can Help You Sleep
- New restaurant hall of famers inducted
- Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs [블랙 독거미 달걀요리 만들기]
- Westcoast Life: Halloween events, theatre, food, v...
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank gets boost from a big ...
- Men who eat junk food are more likely to have diab...
- KFC’s Double Down raises eyebrows among Canadian n...
- 배고픈 자취생이 간단하고 싸고 맛있게 먹을 수 있는 특별요리는?
- Research reveals why airplane food tastes so bad
- Grocers begin battle over sustainable seafood
- Athletes should know how much protein they are tak...
- How to sniff out fake restaurant reviews
- A Canadian Thanksgiving
- Restaurant listings
- Creating my own ethnic cuisine
- VANCOUVER SUN RESTAURANT GUIDE
- Vancouver's multi-cultural grocery stores
- Are healthy school lunches driving your kids to ju...
- The 25 Top Nutritious Foods for a Long, Healthy an...
- See her mind-blowing recipe!
- ▼ October (22)