Friday, November 19, 2010
PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS
Now that I have hit my Weight Watchers goal weight, it has been hard for me to resist those ever so tempting foods like Philly Cheese Steaks. Recently we found a new Philly Cheese restaurant in our area that is AMAZING…well instead of going there all the time (and Pete would if I would let him) I decided to try a lower calorie version of this occasional treat. As usual, I was not disappointed with this Weight Watchers recipe. Below is the recipe that I used, it was taken from the Weight Watchers eTools site.
Philly Cheese Steaks
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 21 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
1 pound(s) raw lean flank steak, cut into 8 thin slices
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 roll(s) reduced-calorie hot dog bun(s)
1/3 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a large, nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove onion from pan; set aside.
3. Add steak to skillet and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and cook until liquid is absorbed.
4. Divide steak evenly between rolls and top with onion and cheese. Wrap in foil, transfer to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
Sandwiches before they were put in the oven…
For an alternative to the greasy restaurant style sandwich this was pretty good. I’m not a big fan of Worcestershire sauce so I am not going to rank it as high as my husband will. And of course, the recipe asks for onion which neither of us likes, so I replaced them with peppers. I found a high fiber whole wheat sandwich roll that we used instead of the hot dog bun. Either way, a good recipe and I would recommend it.
- 20 healthy lunch ideas
- Low Fat Lunch Ideas
- Easy Dinner Recipes | 30 Minute Meals | Quick and ...
- Healthy options sought at fast-food outlets
- Chocolate Covered Snow Peaks
- 20 superfoods for weight loss
- Pizza Recipe : Recipes for Pizzas
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Food prices fall heading into busy holiday season
- 밴쿠버 맛집 간단 정리!
- Vancouver’s addictive new street eats
- Microwave popcorn bags may contain harmful chemica...
- Quick meatless dinner : This Chinese-inspired dish...
- A Cornucopia of food and wine
- Its always better with broth
- So delicious, such a great value! MaDangCoul! 정말 맛...
- Study finds worst fast food meals for kids
- Salam Bombay(살라암붐베이) : This place is totally worth...
- Toyama (토야마) - Good and fresh sushi Lots of select...
- HST on restaurant meals has got to go
- Baked Eggs with Prosciutto and Ricotta Pancakes
- Six food and dining events
- After Halloween~
- ▼ November (24)