By Julian Armstrong, Postmedia News November 8, 2010 Inspired by Chinese cuisine, this quick meatless dish comes from an appealing cookbook by Martha Rose Shulman, whose Recipes for Health are distributed on NYTimes.com.
Shulman has written more than two dozen book. Her new one, The Very Best of Recipes for Health ( Rodale, $40), covers every popular vegetable and plenty of ways of preparing tofu.
The book features mostly vegetarian or vegan dishes, and also includes an assortment of chicken and fish. Most of its 250 recipes include tips about advance preparation. You can prepare everything for this dish well ahead of time, and then cook at the last minute.
Stir-Fried Tofu and Peppers
Serves: 4 1/2 pound firm tofu 2 Tbsps. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsps. packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsps. vegetable, peanut or canola
2 tsps. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
2 red bell peppers, cut in 1-inch squares
1 green bell pepper, in 1-inch squares
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 green onions, cut on the diagonal in 1-inch lengths (keep dark green parts separate)
Cooked rice or noodles
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Quick meatless dinner : This Chinese-inspired dish uses tofu as a healthy base
- 20 healthy lunch ideas
- Low Fat Lunch Ideas
- Easy Dinner Recipes | 30 Minute Meals | Quick and ...
- Healthy options sought at fast-food outlets
- Chocolate Covered Snow Peaks
- 20 superfoods for weight loss
- Pizza Recipe : Recipes for Pizzas
- PHILLY CHEESE STEAKS
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Food prices fall heading into busy holiday season
- 밴쿠버 맛집 간단 정리!
- Vancouver’s addictive new street eats
- Microwave popcorn bags may contain harmful chemica...
- Quick meatless dinner : This Chinese-inspired dish...
- A Cornucopia of food and wine
- Its always better with broth
- So delicious, such a great value! MaDangCoul! 정말 맛...
- Study finds worst fast food meals for kids
- Salam Bombay(살라암붐베이) : This place is totally worth...
- Toyama (토야마) - Good and fresh sushi Lots of select...
- HST on restaurant meals has got to go
- Baked Eggs with Prosciutto and Ricotta Pancakes
- Six food and dining events
- After Halloween~
- ▼ November (24)