Monday, January 24, 2011
Comfort Food for Rainy Days : when Eggs & Toast Win Out Quite Often
This was a classic French Oeufs en Cocotte recipe to which I added a twist with the addition of a crunchy breadcrumb topping. Method: First I made sure I had a kettle of hot, boiled water at the ready and the oven heated to 350F. Then I buttered the inside of a ramekin. I cracked open two small Marin Sun Farm eggs, one at a time, onto a saucer before gently transfering them to the ramekin, being careful not to break the yolks. I placed the ramekin in an ovenproof dish and the poured water into the dish up to a level half way up the ramekin, before popping it into the preheated oven. I took a handful of fresh white breadcrumbs, a few leaves of fresh thyme, pan-toasted them in a knob of butter until crispy and golden, then set them aside. I took a spoonful of creme fraiche and heated it gently over medium heat until it was reduced by half. After the eggs had been in the oven 5 minutes I kept checking regularly until I saw that the white had just lost its translucency. The egg should still be soft and wobbly, but it will be cooked through. I was brave enough to try and turn the cocotted eggs onto a plate without breaking the yolks. I succeeded and then spooned the warm cream over the eggs before sprinkling with the bread crumbs, but you could more easily eat the eggs in situ, still in the ramekin.
Posted by 5 Five Delivery at 11:39 a.m.
- The Busy Day Diet Planner : MODERN WEIGHT LOSS - ...
- Romantic Picnic Lunch Menu
- How To Pick A Good Lunch Box For Children
- Games for your Corporate Office Lunch Parties
- Comfort Food for Rainy Days : when Eggs & Toast Wi...
- The best meals for the best deals
- Rainy Day Relief
- Convenient Prepared Meal Delivery Choices Availabl...
- Simple food swaps for a healthier diet
- No Fast Food
- Canadian first: Nutrition rules for street food
- Moving day meals
- Vancouver Dining : Enjoy Vancouver BC Restaurants....
- Healthy lunch at the office: It is possible
- Craving For Chicken Wings? Try this! Zabu chicken ...
- Food Delivery Plans: Pros and Cons
- Did you know that you can order Beard Papa's cream...
- 다운타운에 철가방이 떴다
- How to Eat Right and Have Healthy Food Delivery
- Top 10 New Year's Resolutions
- ▼ January (20)